The winners of the prestigious Outdoor Lions Awards have been announced at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Joint Grand Prix winners were: Twitter, for their brand campaign through Twitter San Francisco, and McCann New York for State Street Global Advisors’ ‘She ETF’ campaign and ‘Fearless Girl’ statue.
Other big winners who scooped Gold Lions for their work in the Outdoor Lions category include:
- David Miami for The Kraft Heinz Company’s ‘Heinz’
- Ogilvy & Mather, Mexico City for Aeromexico
- Twiter San Francisco for Twitter
- ALMAPBBDO São Paulo for Man Latin America ‘Volkswagen Trucks’
- SCHOLZ & FRIENDS Berlin for Der Tagesspiegel ‘Trump’
- Proximity Madrid for Bijoux Indiscrets, ‘Orgasm Sound Library’
- BBH Singapore for Nike ‘Unlimited Stadium’
- Grey Colombia Bogotá for Tigo-Une ‘Payphone Bank’
- Saatchi & Saatchi London for Deutsche Telekom ‘Magenta Unleashed’
- ALMAPBBDO São Paulo for Mars Pet / Pedigree, ‘Dog Channel’
- Leo Burnett Toronto for IKEA Canada, ‘IKEA: Cook This Page’
- Ogilvy & Mather Mumbai for ITC Savlon’s ‘Savlon Healthy Hands Chalk Sticks’
- Publicis London for Tourism Ireland’s ‘Door of Thrones’
- Publicis Brasil São Paulo for Heineken ‘The Cliché’
- 180LA Santa Monica for Boost Mobile’s ‘Boost Your Voice’
- Marcel Sydney for Heineken Asia Pacific PTE. Ltd.
- Ogilvy New York for Amnesty International’s ‘The Refugee Nation’
- MediaCom London for Wrigley’s Skittles’ ‘Give the Rainbow’.
Commenting on the winners, William Eccleshare, Chairman and CEO, Clear Channel International, said: “With two Grand Prix’ awarded in the Outdoor Lions category for traditional and non-traditional campaigns, the diversity of this year’s winners’ reflects the infinite breadth of creative possibilities that out-of-home offers. For a world-class digital brand like Twitter to use the pure creative canvas of the oldest medium to connect with their audiences, both reinforces out-of-home’s relevance within the media mix, and its powerful relationship with mobile. This is a stunningly simple yet utterly compelling campaign which absolutely captures the magic of our medium.”
He added: “Congratulations to all of this year’s Outdoor Lions winners. Your creativity and innovation confirms that out of home is truly the most creative advertising medium.”
Outdoor Lions Jury President, Bruno Bertelli, Global Chief Creative Officer, Publicis WW, said:
“I understood the magic of outdoor advertising when I attended ad school. They really made us sweat over billboards and OOH activations. For good reason – it’s the ultimate stress test for creatives in the making. Ad schools still put a big emphasis on mastering the medium because it represents the synthesis of simplicity and the basics of creativity.”
In total, the jury awarded Gold Lions to 20 campaigns, six from the US, three each from Brazil and the UK, and one each from Australia, Canada, Colombia, Germany, India, Mexico, Singapore and Spain.
Via: Clear Channel