Clear Channel UK pledges to show significant support for one partner charity every Christmas, via their new initiative, “The Christmas Charity Partnership”, by donating a significant volume of relevant inventory, for a single festive campaign.
– This initiative does not affect the support they already show dozens of other charities throughout the year.
– London’s Air Ambulance is the first charity to benefit from the Clear Channel Christmas Charity Partnership initiative.
– London’s Air Ambulance will run a campaign across the capital, on Storm, Clear Channel’s super premium large format digital proposition.
– The campaign “It wouldn’t be Christmas for us without London’s Air Ambulance” will reach 1000s of people across London, reminding them that London’s Air Ambulance is a charity that relies upon their generous donations.
– The campaign hopes to drive awareness of the life-saving work done by London’s Air Ambulance and remind people they are a charity that relies upon their donations.
The media owner pledges to give significant support to one chosen charity over the festive period, in the form of a campaign delivered on the relevant inventory, to suit the target audience that the charity wants to reach.
Clear Channel has strong links with the communities it operates in. They are focused on helping improve the infrastructure of local communities, and develop partnerships with charities and sponsor local causes, and are committed to helping dozens of charities every year, so this new initiative does not affect any existing charity partnerships.
London’s Air Ambulance is the first such charity to benefit from the Christmas Charity Partnership.
They are the charity that delivers roadside advanced trauma care to critically injured people in London, serving the 10 million people who live, work and travel within the M25. On average their medics treat 5 seriously injured people every day, and have attended over 37,000 patients who needed urgent medical intervention since their creation in 1989.
Via helicopter or rapid response car, an advanced trauma doctor and paramedic is delivered to the patient, bringing the hospital emergency department directly to scene. Providing the 24/7 service costs £10 million per year, mostly funded through charitable donations.
The Christmas Charity Partnership campaign will run in London, on Storm, Clear Channel’s super premium large format digital portfolio. The aim of the campaign is to increase awareness of the charity amongst people in London, in the hope they will support London’s Air Ambulance’s life-saving cause, during this season of goodwill.
Clear Channel’s Marketing Director, Martin Corke, said of the partnership:
“We are always looking for ways to support Charities and the local communities that we operate in, and are delighted to be able to launch the Christmas Charity Partnership initiative, with London’s Air Ambulance, who do such important, pioneering lifesaving work for Londoners.”
London’s Air Ambulance’s CEO, Jonathan Jenkins, said of the partnership:
“Our life saving service can only operate with the charitable support of people and businesses in London. We are hoping that the incredible opportunity to be Clear Channel’s Christmas Charity Partner will give our campaign – “It wouldn’t be Christmas for us without London’s Air Ambulance”, a bigger audience to raise awareness across London that we are a charity. We would like to encourage more people to donate, so that we can continue to deliver our advanced trauma team to all those that need it.”
London’s Air Ambulance
- London’s Air Ambulance is the charity that delivers an advanced trauma team to critically injured people in London.
- It was founded in 1989 and to date has treated over 37,000 critically injured people and attended most major incidents.
- It serves the 10 million people who live, work and travel within the M25.
- London’s Air Ambulance is a charity that operates in partnership with both Barts Health NHS Trust and the London Ambulance Service:
- Barts Health NHS Trust employs and remunerates the doctors who are seconded to the service, as well as providing some direct financial support and the helipad facility for the charity’s operations.
- London Ambulance Service provide paid paramedics who are seconded to the service. An advanced trauma paramedic operates from the Service’s control room and is responsible for dispatching London’s Air Ambulance to the most critically injured people in London, 24 hours a day.
Clear Channel UK
- Clear Channel UK is a market leading Out of Home media owner with more than 40,000 sites nationwide.
- Clear Channel UK has a dedicated team of more than 650 people working in 14 locations nationwide.
- Clear Channel UK continually finds new and interesting ways to help brands meet people throughout the UK, on our classic and digital platforms.
- Clear Channel UK’s vision is to Create the Future of Media, Out of Home.
Via: Clear Channel